Borawan Island - Padre Burgos, Quezon


‎"It's a dangerous business, - going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet...

There's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

-- Bilbo Baggins
Fellowship of the Ring



Borawan Island located in Padre Burgos, Quezon, some 4 or 5 hours drive south of Manila.

Sunset on our way to the island via a fishing boat.

 We left Manila exactly 12 noon, and took us forever to reach Padre Burgos fish port where our boat man Mang Otoy was waiting for us to ferry us to the island.


As per our guide/boatman, the name Borawan was derived from Boracay having the same white sand and Palawan for the rock formations, and same pristine waters of both. Well I haven't been to Boracay (what a loser), but as for me, I think the white sand part has been a bit of exaggeration. Its white sand, yes, but with shells and pebbles, not as fine as what others say Boracay has.


Took us around 30mins to get to the island, from Padre Burgos fish port. 
Sunrise 




Rock walls and rock formations ideal for rock climbing and bouldering.



Luscious Green


Padre Burgos is a gateway to several islands to explore, like Dampalitan island which is like 30-45mins boat ride from Borawan. We went to Dampalitan Island 2 or 3 months after exploring Borawan Island, sadly, I think I lost the photos so I dont think I can include it on my blogs. You can also explore some other spots like Puting Buhangin (White Sand) and Kwebang Lampas.



No comments:

Post a Comment