Mt. Gulugod Baboy - Team Pahinga climbs w/ Team Australia

Well it's been a while since my last post, but now im back to blog about a recent climb with my team EPSON Australia.

It was actually a team building activity proposed by one of my colleagues, Joy, someone whom i never expected it will come out from. So there it is, about 5 weeks of  planning and preparation. Initially, it was agreed that we climb Mt. Batulao in Batangas as a beginner's climb, since none of the team members have tried this physical sport before. But then later on, I reckon Mt Pinagbanderahan (Gulugod Baboy) will be much more suitable for first timers. An hour or two easy uphill trekking, plus a 360 panoramic view on top, im sure everyone will enjoy.




Assembly time is lunch time at the Jam Liner Kamuning Terminal, after buying everything necessary for the climb, we boarded the bus and went on our way. Bus fare is Php130 per head.  We got dark and shady sky all the way to Batangaas as if  rain is ready to strike us anytime, and by the way, we climbed on the onset of typhoon Quiel. We got off at Batangas City Diversion Rd and took a  jeepney ride for 100 bucks per head. That was a pre-arranged fare, on the condition of taking us straight to Philpan rather than taking another trike ride from Anilao. Regular fare for jeepney to Anilao is around Php60-70 then trike is Php40-50 per head. So a Php100 per pax is pretty much a fair deal dropping us straight to the jump off.
 We reached the Philpan Beach Resort at around 4pm, worried that we might trek in the dark, we immediately started trekking after a couple of group shots at the jump off. The trail head is a very steep concrete road about a kilometer uphill. Then the ascent on the dirt started after reaching a small store/rest station right after the first left turn. Just after about 10mins of trekking uphill on the dirt, we were already greeted by a spectacular view of the beaches/resorts down hill.


We reached the campsite after one and a half hour of trekking.  Strong winds and a bit of drizzle welcomed us up there. We started pitching tents and preparing meals for the night. Pitching tents amidst very strong winds is something but setting up the camp in the dark is another. Thanks to my reliable team mates who initiated the cooking while some gave a hand setting up tents. Too bad, strong winds tear down 2 of our tents, lagot kami sa may-ari.













Add caption










Below is a blog created by Joyce titled "Team Climb" from http://joycee08.blogspot.com


-Team Climb-

Yap, we had a team building last Saturday. We climb Mt. Gulugod Baboy in Batangas. It was I think a two hour trek. So scary, tiring, fun and yeah worth to give it a try.
Mountain Climbing is a popular activity in Epson. My brother and sister are both part of a separate mountain climbing group. But knowing me. I didn't imagine myself doing that actually. But I was able to conquer it. Wow, I’m so proud of myself. :)
But being able to experience it made me ask myself, why the hell mountain climbers kept doing it over and over again. Treks will vary from mountain to mountain. Climbers will carry 40+L of bags especially designed for climbing purposes. You will walk and walk on a rough mountain trek with damn ants and mosquito bites will make you ask why the hell they have to add up on a suffering you can choose not to feel. But as soon as we were able to reach the camp site and the summit. I was able to answer my own question. I now know why..
You will just smile, a genuine smile, while appreciating and seeing the true beauty of an untouched mother nature. You will thank the stick that became your best friend and served as a 3rd feet. You will thank your team mate for the support and words of encouragement, the unending "malapit na". :) You will thank the hill that covered the camp site so the wind wont blow directly on us. You will thank God more. A true nature lover will really get addicted to it. I now have a new found respect for mountaineers. Hats off to the guys.
As for me, though I enjoyed it. I guess once is enough. But who knows.


1 comment: